Ink and Feather Literary and Arts Journal features stories, poems and artwork from young people ages 14-20.
WORLD HOUSE CHALLENGE: Submit writing, artwork or video expressions of the World House by February 28.
To Ink & Feather editors and creatives,
The WE Team at We, the World needs your help. We want to bring light and life to these words of Martin Luther King:
“This is the great new problem of mankind: We have inherited a big house, a great World House, in which we have to live together — Black and White, Easterners and Westerners, Gentiles and Jews, Catholics and Protestants, Muslim and Hindu — a family unduly separated in ideas, culture, and interests, who, because we can never again live without each other, must learn somehow, in this one big world, to live with each other.” -Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., Nobel Peace Prize Lecture, 1964
- CHALLENGE for Ink & Feather creatives: Submit artwork inspired by Dr. King’s World House, related to overcoming the barriers to peace — prejudice of race, religion, nationality, anything that enables people to consider themselves superior to others.
- CHALLENGE for Ink & Feather editors: Submit related artwork from previous editions of your literary journal.
- EXPRESS the World House quote (above) through any medium — writing, artwork, music, movement, puppetry, theatre, you name it!
- SUBMISSIONS can be up to 500 written words, or an image, or a video up to three minutes.
- SUBMIT your writing, artwork or video ON THIS FORM by February 28.
- SHARE your artwork on social media with #togetherwewillmoveon.
- Selected submissions will be published and/or broadcast during Earth Month, March 20 to April 22.
MEDIA: We, the World uses a variety of media to unite and amplify the efforts of individuals, organizations and global movements working for the common good.
- Welcome to WE! Printernet Gazette – newsletter
We will print selected submissions in our Welcome to WE! Printernet Gazette, with contributions from children, youth, adults and elders.
- Global NatureFest – We promote special highlights and interviews on social media during the Global NatureFest in March and April, with live stream interviews of selected writers and artists.
- September 11-21 – 11 Days of Global Unity / Gardens of Global Unity
This is our annual celebration of Unity, Interdependence, Environment, Children & Youth, Peace, and more. We will feature selected writing and artwork in our daily live stream programs.
For more information, contact Sue Blythe <firstname.lastname@example.org>