Tomorrow’s Dreamers ask:
WHAT is your dream? What are your ideas for a better world?
This is the perfect place to express your biggest dreams on how to make the world a better place.
The Earth Charter, crafted by visionaries and launched in the year 2000, turns conscience into action for a thriving Earth. In 2021-22 we are collecting stories and artwork of individuals and organizations that are bringing light and life to the values and principles of the Earth Charter.
During Earth Month, we will showcase Expressions through the literary and visual arts on this blog and on the April 20 EarthFlash! Games Show. People of all ages can submit stories, essays, poetry, drawings and paintings or photographs. Together, we are Illuminating the Earth Charter, using this short version of the document:
- We stand at a critical moment in Earth’s history, a time when humanity must choose its future.
- We are one human family and one Earth community with a common destiny.
- We affirm these interdependent principles:
- Respect and care for the community of life
- Ecological integrity
- Social and economic justice
- Democracy, nonviolence and peace (with a focus on education)
- Let ours be a time remembered for the awakening of a new reverence for life, the firm resolve to achieve sustainability, the quickening of the struggle for justice and peace, and the joyful celebration of life.
HOW TO ENTER
WHO – Children, youth, adults and elders are invited to express their dreams for a better future.
WHY – Believe it or not, your dreams are one of the most important tools you have. Our society would not be as great as it is today if it were not for our dreams. So, by submitting your dream you are not just sharing it, you are also inspiring others. Your dream can make other people’s dreams grow. Your dream can be the key to finding solutions to our problems. Together, our human family will push through these hard times. Together we will find our paradise. Together we will dream on!
HOW – Express your dream in any way you can imagine. You can submit a story, poem, artwork or photo. Once you are done creating some amazing art, submit your masterpiece. You can submit your artwork these TWO WAYS:
- SUBMIT your literary or visual art ON THIS FORM by APRIL 15. If your dream gets chosen, it will be featured on the EarthFlash! Games Show at 6:00 on April 20. You can watch
- At any time, you can post your masterpiece on Instagram and other social media with #togetherwewilldreamon
WHEN – Challenges go out on April 1. Selected entries will be announced on April 20.
Randomly selected artwork will be featured on the
EarthFlash! Games Show at 6:00 Eastern on April 20.
You can watch live or see the recording later at facebook.com/thewecampaign.
Florida Climate Conversation-to-Action Program
A pilot project of We, the World and
University of Florida Extensionclimatecollaboratory.org – firstname.lastname@example.org